PB 'n J PB 'n J

Loops awesomely and is extremely catchy. I loved how diverse the instruments were, too. Very cool loop. Can't wait to see what game it's going to be in. Good job, dude.

no-ma-designs responds:

Thanks so much, man!

Stranded Stranded

This is pretty awesome. The drums gave it a nice rhythm. The only thing about it I found odd was the song title. It didn't really convey the feeling of being stranded. Nonetheless, it's a good track. Keep it up man.

stunkel responds:

Thanks! It's actually for a friends youtube channel! And the channel has the word Stranded in the title so I fit it in accordingly. It was just a title so I could remember who it is for, but after a while it just stuck with me and I liked it :3 But thank you for reviewing! I hope you enjoy my future tracks!

We Sing and Dance for Fun We Sing and Dance for Fun

Hey I posted in the Audio Advertisement thread about this song as well, but I figured I would give it a legit review to hopefully boost the publicity. As I said in the thread, the song desperately needs some equalization and volume adjustment; mainly with the synths. The drums get drowned out and the song loses its groove as a result. You also went crazy with the time glitching and it kind of muddied the flow of the song in general. In my opinion, Trance needs to flow nice and smooth, like a river. It's definitely got a good melody to it and has tons of potential. Just spend a few weeks on it and just polish it relentlessly and it'll no doubt turn out to be a great track.

Dylnmatrix responds:

Thanks for the review. This track really was just me messing around with the time glitching. Maybe I'll open it again and do a version with no time glitching, and if I can figure it out, with better mastering. I'm still a noob at this, as usually I don't get reviews, so I have no clue how to improve. So this helps. A lot.

Anyhoo, yeah. I spent maybe 13 hours on this? And I was very sleep deprived. And my girlfriend wanted to know why I told her I thought I was having too much fun in Fruity Loops XD

And the reason I put it in trance is because a lot of people say that my melodies are more trance than anything. So, that's like my "default" genre now. I may change this to techno if I feel like it. Or if you feel this should be in another genre, please tell me, like with a PM or something, as I absolutely suck at telling EDM genres apart.

Psy-Kaliber 2097 Psy-Kaliber 2097

Holy crap this song is awesome. Definitely reminds me of Mortal Kombat at some parts. You did a fantastic job on this. Very high quality production. Everything sounds great. Great job.

From Ashes - DJ BrixX From Ashes - DJ BrixX

I really dig this. I just wish it was a full song. Are you still working on it, or is this just a demo? In my opinion, your music is definitely good enough to sell, so it would make sense if you were posting demos here to promote an album or something. But anyway, awesome job, keep making music, favorited, etc.

Fierra responds:

Hey dude!

Thanks, the track is finished. Truth is, I'm in talks with a pretty chill guy at a label that specializes in music like uplifting and epic trance, which sells quite well with them, and they're relatively interested in me, enough so that I'd hope this is all going through. (I'll know by the end of the week.)

The track itself is ~6:20. If you're genuinely interested in it, I'd be happy to hook you up with it whenever the recording deal goes down, or blows up.

I posted it here thinking hey what if someone out there remembers ol' DJ BrixX? Maybe I'll throw this out there for a bit of nostalgia. I actually wrote this for a Youtube demonstration. ^^

Regardless, thank you very much, I am writing music in my spare time, and glad to be doing so. =)

Adios,

- Brittany (Fierra née DJ BrixX)

Yuri Lotman Yuri Lotman

This is the hippenest hoppest lofi track on the portal. No but seriously, I dig it. I have a soft spot for lofi and songs with strange themes like this one (Thai kickboxing Commentators). Keep making stuff like this, man.

Chaos Confined (Metroid) Chaos Confined (Metroid)

Seriously cool song, dude. Metroid is one of my favorite series of all time, and I love metal, so this is an awesome combination. The guitar was solid and I loved all the synthetic instruments you used in the calmer parts of the song. This song is overall a very good juxtaposition of calm and intense themes, as well as metal and electronic styles. Good work.

MetalRenard responds:

Thanks for the review! :D

ParagonX9 - Red 13 ParagonX9 - Red 13

As usual you don't disappoint at all. I come back to your profile every few months and see a new song or two and they're just better and better. And to my great delight, this one is actually LONG. If there was any complaint I could possibly make about your work, it'd be the short length a lot of your songs tend to have; which isn't bad or anything, but...I WANT MORE.

Here we have a nearly eight minute-long track. I really can't make any kind of critique; mostly because I'm honestly not well-versed in the art of making music even though I try my hand at it occasionally. But anyway, this song is probably my favorite by you so far, except of course for Double Damage. That one will always have a special place in my heart.

This is definitely going on my ipod along with most of your other work, including the really, really old stuff. Which brings me to my next and final point:

DOUBLE DAMAGE...REMIX IT...PLEASE...I LOVE YOU...

Double Damage Double Damage

My personal favorite

I still like this song the most out of all your others. There's just something about it that I love.

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Twilight ParagonX9 - Chaoz Twilight

Trippy synths in a bipolar song

Not sure if that was gating you used on those synths but it sounded REALLY cool and trippy. I liked the Twilight Princess part at 1:08, it fit well. The beat could have been a wee bit more interesting but it was great nonetheless, and the mood changing was chaotic, but not too abrupt, which I liked a lot.

Anyway, great work, I still have some of your older songs like Double Damage and Poison on my ipod. :D